Business Development Manager - Germany
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a multi-lingual Business Development Manager with an established engineering company for their facilities in Grasdorf near Hanover Germany for their Elevator, energy absorption division. Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director, the Business Development Manager is expected to manage and develop existing key accounts across Europe and South America, as well as identifying and developing new customer opportunities with Major OEM's, SME's and Distributors.
- Manage and develop all existing customers across Europe and South America.
- Identify, target and win new customer business, especially major OEM accounts in line with Group global strategy.
- Identify, appoint and develop partner Distributors across key regions and countries within Europe and South America.
- Maximise business potential at existing and new customers
- Negotiate Commercial terms on an annual basis
- Make Commercial and technical sales presentations
- Conduct regular travel for customer visits throughout The Region, typically 30% of the time
- Generate and periodically update Sales Forecasts
- Report on monthly activity to the Sales & Marketing Director
- Fully utilise and maintain the company CRM system Salesforce
- Provide input to company new product development to ensure the company remains the premier global OEM in energy absorption buffers
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering Degree, or science related discipline
- Previous experience in an industrial/manufacturing sales or commercial role.
- Ideally experience of selling within the Elevator industry.
- Demonstrable success in realising business development.
- International travel & sales experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills ideally with German, English and Spanish
- Strong account management and relationship building skills
- Experience of managing large accounts.
- Ideally some technical competence, especially Mechanics/Hydraulics.
- Computer literate, including competency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a CRM system.
- Experience with an MRP system is an advantage
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Pension scheme.
- Company Car / Car Allowance.
- Commission Structure
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV and contact details to Philip Delaloye at or for more details call +44(0)1384446192.