£50k - 55k per year + Car + Bonus
about 2 months ago
Business Development Manager - Railway Industry
Home Based - UK Wide Travel
£50,000 to £55,000 + car + bonus
This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to work within our Railways team. One of our strategic priorities is to develop wider business opportunities with our key customers across our full portfolio of products and services, primarily leveraging our Condition Monitoring capabilities as the technological enabler to develop long term contracts. Where the customer will benefit across the full life cycle.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic relationships & understanding with customers at senior management level identifying and creating opportunities that deliver value.
- Take the lead role in the negotiation of complex product & service supply contracts, delivering on our new business models where applicable.
- Typically evolving pilot projects into vehicle fleet fitments of condition monitoring equipment and remote monitoring contracts.
- Lead & coordinate a broader team to support securing contracts and delivering them in line with customers' expectations.
- The role will be home based, many of our customers are located between North West England and London and majority of travel would be in this region. However, travel may be required to any part of UK and Ireland.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or Business Administration from an accredited college or university.
- Ideally have an engineering background, experience in Railway industry would be beneficial but not essential and or an understanding of reliability and asset performance.
- Knowledge of bearings or related rotating equipment is important.
- Experience in selling large value contracts, (ideally services but products also of interest).
- Good ability to communicate clearly and concisely, write legible proposals, business correspondence and reports.
- Good ability to make formal presentations and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers representing value.
- Good ability to read, analyse and interpret general business information and market intelligence from multiple sources, and identify opportunities.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please click on the link to apply. Alternatively you can send your details direct to Oliver.Smith@jonlee.co.uk 01384 446104
Key Words: Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Technical Sales, Applications Engineer, Contracts Manager, Sales, Railway, bearings, rotating equipment, rotating parts
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.