Business Development Manager
Automotive Test Equipment
The purpose of the role is to discover sales leads for the business and turn them into profitable orders. Provide support for the sales team and represent technically and commercially the product portfolio and company brand.
The main duties of the Business Development Manager role:
- Develop and maintain expertise in the company work costing and quotation processes.
- To actively pursue sales leads and to report to and coordinate with the sales management team.
- To comply with all quality assurance and environmental protection procedures pertinent to the sales process.
- To work proactively in the improvement of the products and processes of the business specifically highlighting areas of improvement within sales, marketing and negotiation.
- To develop and maintain regular harmonious relations with the company's potential, past and present customers.
- To develop, maintain and utilise the database of contacts required to gain market intelligence and sales leads.
Skills and experience required for the Business Development Manager role:
- Demonstrated experience working in a Technical Sales Engineering role for the automotive or allied sectors.
- Strong sales experience within the automotive industry.
- A demonstrated costing and quotation process background.
- A high level of negotiating, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A skilled user of Microsoft Office products and Salesforce software is desired.
- Suitably qualified in Engineering to at least HND/HNC level.
- Ideally knowledgeable in engine or vehicle test technology.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application in the meantime, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281