- Sector: Composites
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Andy Leake
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446104
- Expiry Date: 03 February 2022
- Job Ref: 59861
Business Development Manager
A leading company in lightweight engineering solutions is seeking a highly experienced sales professional to support and grow new and existing revenue streams in the business, primarily facing the automotive market. This is a high-profile role in the business reporting directly to the Head of Sales.
Job Function & Key Tasks (summary)
- Responsible for developing profitable new Tooling & Polymer business
- Identify target market sectors & segments that fit business strategy.
- Promote sales from new and existing customers.
- Adhere to all quality standards.
- Demonstrating astute commercial awareness and communication skills in managing potential channel conflict with other sales channels
- Have detailed knowledge or understanding of tooling, polymers, paint and assembly, and the company’s competitors and how the business operates in the market.
- Operational capacity awareness to optimise facility and resources utilisation.
- Provide necessary detail for Estimating to enable Financial approved Bid Win
- Work with the Program Management and Operations teams to track program costs and continuously maintain the cost file.
- Leading cross functional new business tender, RFQ costing reviews.
- Support with manufacturing and aesthetics feasibility input during the NPI process
- Leading regular strategic reviews of the current customer base and pricing against latest order book trends
- Support the customer base in VFM and detailed cost analysis reviews
- Development and continuous refinement of the Tooling and Components Costing Model
- Costing consideration of Service and After-sales requirements.
- Analyse the cost benefits associated with application of new materials and the latest manufacturing
- Ability to travel extensively, work independently and learn continuously.
- Effective in teamwork, projects & communications
- Focus on customers agreements and related sales results.
- Be self-motivated and a natural self-starter
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Analytical skills to understand sales performance and market trend information.
- Excellent 360 communication skills.
Skills and Experience
- The ability to work independently and able to set and monitor own goals
- Autonomous thinker and proactive in reaching out to stakeholders.
- A charismatic salesperson with good engagement skills; a motivator with strong communication skills, capable of developing and working with multi-disciplinary teams.
Education, Experiences & Qualifications
- Minimum of seven years minimum experience in the automotive sector in Sales.
- A proven track record of delivering Sales at a senior level in the automotive sector
- Appreciation of process improvement tools and techniques – essential
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- Responsible for the delivery of Sales across Tooling & Components, monitoring, setting stretch targets and improving performance.
All employees have a responsibility for Health and Safety whilst at work.
This is an great opportunity for an experienced sales professional to further enhance their career at an established and growing company.
If you would like to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Andy Leake at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446104.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.