Salary £55,000 - £65,000 (DoE) + bonus, car allowance & pension
Technical Business Development Manager – Fasteners & Engineered components
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 (DOE) + bonus, car allowance & benefits
Nottinghamshire (home based within the UK)
A Business Development Manager is required to take responsibility for growing and developing new and existing vertical markets on a Europe wide basis. This dynamic manufacturing and distribution business supplies technical, engineered components to a wide range of industrial markets and is a key partner to many successful and widely recognised brands. Success has been built on a reputation for delivering the highest levels of customer service and providing fast turnaround high quality engineered solutions. To be considered for this Business Development Manager position you must be self-reliant, with a “hunting” mentality and a track record of successfully penetrating both new and established markets.
In this Technical Business Development Manager position, you will:
- Report into the Managing Director and work closely with the senior management team to create a long-term vision, strategic plan and set of objectives for the business.
- Manage the sales pipeline and capitalise on all new business opportunities daily to aggressively grow the business.
- Have significant technical sales management and contract negotiating experience within engineered products, such as, metal/plastic fasteners or industrial consumables sold worldwide across a wide variety of sectors (automotive, rail, capital equipment, furniture)
- Develop ideas for target marketing of new sectors that have substantial growth potential.
- Proactively develop relationships and fully understand the technical needs of the client with an ability to articulate and position a solution.
- Use your technical knowledge and experience to cross sell components and solutions across industry sectors and be constantly looking at and reviewing new applications and industry trends.
- Monitor and report sales activity using the company’s CRM to facilitate and streamline the sales process.
- Have a solid technical background with qualification in a relevant technical discipline (Mechanical, Production or Materials) and confident discussing technical solutions with clients.
- Regularly review strategic plans and objectives against target and push team members to maximise revenue.
- Be required to travel within the UK & Europe, to develop new territories and attend industry events to network and uncover future sales opportunities.
This is a key appointment for this ambitious, growing, and successful company. The role of Business Development Manager will require an ambitious, technically aware, self-starter, that can maximise sales opportunities that will deliver the full growth potential of this business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.