4 months ago
Job title: Business Development Manager
Salary Range: Competitive + car allowance + benefits
Leading skills and training provider within the manufacturing sector.
A proven Business Development Manager is required for a leading skills and training provider in the manufacturing sector, based in Birmingham, you will be involved in the development and delivery of the sales plan to generate increased revenues and have extensive experience in the Apprenticeship and Skills sector in the UK, ideally in a manufacturing/engineering context.
This leading skills and training provider in the manufacturing sector based in Birmingham requires a proven, tenacious, motivated, detailed and driven Business Development Manager with strong management and leadership skills.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be required to:
- To deliver on financial objectives for commercial and apprenticeship training.
- To establish strong linkages for new business with key internal stakeholders, existing clients, relevant industry and educational bodies and target companies.
- To work effectively with internal stakeholders and national Business Development teams.
- Work with the Apprentices and Skills Business Development Team to develop & implement the business sales and marketing plans
- Develop sales plan to address local and national requirements
- Generate substantial sales growth with existing and new clients
- Carry out continuous research to ensure the business unit addresses the needs of its existing customer base and identify new potential markets, customers and opportunities
- Propose business development opportunities, to respond to customer and market needs
- Liaise with other employees customer facing teams to identify effective new business opportunity identification, referral and closure
- Develop and implement information systems, to provide data on existing and potential clients to enable the better identification of opportunities for new sales and pipeline sales
- Achieve targets set within the business plan and report monthly on sales pipeline values and other associated KPI’s
- Manage and target prospect organisations and individuals through a variety of methods including, cold calling and marketing activities, sales lead generation to point of order confirmation, drafting and submission of proposals
- Develop strong relationships with all the main influencers and key stakeholders
- Ensure timely assessment and matching of apprentice applicants to apprenticeship vacancies
- Support regular team communications meetings and ensure good employee relations
The Business Development Manager will have the following skills or experience:
- Impressive business record especially in BD/Apprentices & Skills sector
- Ability to work and communicate at the highest level, to think strategically and deliver on objectives
- Proven sales track record
- Service and/or manufacturing sectors
- Ability to recognise opportunities for growth and commercial skills to drive sales revenue
- Good listener and reflector and challenging but fair
- Excellent presentation skills and confident seller to all levels
- Midlands - based with some regional and national travel
- Displays high professional standards
- Ability to influence and communicate with a range of contacts and wide group of stakeholders
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with Business Development and Sales experience within Apprenticeship and training industry within manufacturing/engineering sector. In return this Birmingham based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Apprenticeships and training services from within manufacturing/engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Business Development Manager role, please contact Paul Broadhead, email@example.com at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446155.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.