Due to continued growth this designer and manufacturer of special purpose machinery to the steel and aluminium industries is looking for a dynamic Business Development Manager.
Salary: Circa £40,000 to £45,000 plus bonus and benefits
Suitable for: Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Technical Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Account Manager
Reporting in to the Group Business Development Manager you will be responsible for building key client relationships and sales project management. The role will focus in European customers as well as customers in the UK and will typically involve around 5 days a month visiting customers in Europe. Ideally you will have a Business Development background preferably within a steel or metals industry environment or associated special purpose machinery industry.
- Liaise with the sales teams and field sales engineers to develop new and existing customer enquiries within specific territories.
- Identify customer requirements.
- Maintain detailed market information, including statistics, forecasts and reports.
- Suggest and participate in trade shows, seminars, or other sales/marketing events.
- Follow up company-generated leads from trade shows, advertising, referrals and leads.
- Develop key relationships and business with third party companies for supply by Bronx Process Technologies.
- Engage with industry associations, trade journals that may provide support and intelligence on market activity.
- Produce monthly sales activity reports for the Sales Manager to present at the monthly Executive Conference.
- Build key client relationships, identify new market opportunities whilst remaining informed of current market conditions.
- Report directly to the Group Business Development Manager in Sydney, Australia, while also coordinating your activities with the UK Sales Manager.
Background and experience:
- 4+ years Business Development / sales experience.
- A background in the Metals industry is preferable as is a familiarity with finishing line equipment.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding in the areas of new market development, strategic selling, developing and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers
- Possessing an existing network of steel industry contacts would be an advantage
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills with a talent for customer interaction at all levels, as well as the ability to clearly articulate technical material.
- Must have strong interpersonal & communication skills, a positive attitude, and a proactive approach
- Must be self-driven and a team player
- Must be prepared to travel overseas basis as the role demands.
This role offers an outstanding career development opportunity and the chance to join a well respected international manufacturing business.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Business Development Manager role.