£64000 - £76000 per annum + benefits + bonus
almost 2 years ago
Business Development Manager
£64,000- £76,000 + benefits + bonus
A Business Development Manager opportunity has arisen working for the world's leading manufacturer of diesel and natural gas engines.
Job responsibilities include:
- Managing a team accountable for inter-company transfers and technical installation/development of 0.5-7.1 litre engines used in our machinery.
- Maintaining existing and developing new technical procedures to ensure engine installations meet stringent in-machine sign-off requirements.
- Sponsoring 6 Sigma projects and allocating resources to those projects to drive business improvements and efficiency.
- Championing the goal to maintain a market based competitive offering and lead initiatives from our customers into the product groups that are intended to support growth through enhancing the products and services offered.
- Executing the groups vision to become the engine provider of choice for the enterprise by creating strategies that continue to grow the Share of Wallet within the enterprise portfolio.
- Leading improvements in operational performance that support machine businesses to meet the People, Quality, Velocity and Cost goals.
- Building close working relationships across the enterprise to ensure the development and execution of strategies that generate highly profitable contributions to the enterprise.
- Monitoring and executing NPI deliverables, ensuring correct application and production sign off are completed on time.
- Developing annual pricing and planning assumptions ensuring that the execution of the annual pricing process is defect free.
- Building up a complete business profile from the annual planning process to demonstrate the impact from the economic environment.
- A technical or business management related college degree or equivalent experience
- Substantial team leadership experience, preferably gained at least in part in a 6 Sigma and/or program management based environment
- A working knowledge of a structured product development process, ideally New Product Introduction (NPI) process
- Evidence of progressively responsible job-related experience and a good understanding of either an engine or machine business
- Good management, motivational and problem solving skills along with a demonstrated history of building good relationships across multiple groups
- Team supervisory experience, preferably with a measurable track record of building a highly engaged and productive team
- Working knowledge of engine and engine systems, particularly recent developments in off-highway diesel engine emissions control systems and electronically controlled engines
- Sales, marketing and commercial experience, particularly relating to winning new business and creating a long term business partnership
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.