A Business Development Engineer is required for a leading designer and manufacturer of aerospace systems based in the West Midlands.
The Business Development Engineer will work within the Military Aftermarket Sector at various locations in the UK and the USA, with a focus on the growth of aftermarket programmes. This will involve pursuing and capturing opportunities, such as non-OEM repair and overhaul, and ageing aircraft system upgrades and modifications.
Other Responsibilities for the Business Development Engineer will include:
- Building relationships with military aftermarket customers
- Providing technical support for all proposals
- Programme technical lead after contract award up to the point of production transition
- Assisting Supply Chain with parts sourcing decisions
- Participating in the management and resolution of any major issues affecting the relationship with the customer
- Forecasting resource requirements to support the future needs of the product line
- Monitoring and maintaining a status on competitor products and services
Key Skills and Experience for the Business Development Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Proven experience in the field of engineering or operations
- Proven leadership skills
- Customer-focused with the ability to interface with the customer's technical procurement and programme staff
- Excellent technical knowledge, especially of hydraulics and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of electronics systems would be desirable
- Ability to build effective working relationships with all stakeholders both externally and internally
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within a global aerospace manufacturer. We anticipate that demand for this role will be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you wish to be considered, please apply today. For further information on the Business Development Engineer role, please contact Sarah Davies at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 143.