Business Development Coordinator
(Fixed term Maternity Cover)
Please note this position is for a Fixed Term period of 12 months due to Maternity Cover.
Our client an independent a leading Powertrain Engineering consultancy based in Basildon is seeking a Business Development Coordinator for a Fixed Term period of 12 months due to Maternity Cover.
The Business Development Coordinator is required to develop a consistent cross-departmental approach to business development activities and to ensure that all required support is available and current.
The successful candidate will be required to track and analyse Order Intake and Sales Turnover to support reporting to senior management as well as forecasting and planning activities as well as the processing of Purchase Orders and handover to Finance and Project Management plus related quality control of sales in order to support a smooth project start.
- Ensure aligned and consistent approach across the business development team
- Preparation and maintenance of presentation material
- Maintain and coordinate business intelligence within internal systems
- Support quotation development
- Collaborating on strategy development and implementation
- Tracking of order intake and analysis
- Tracking of turnover and analysis
- Support monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasting
- Support of reporting to management
- Assess previous and current market and customer trends
- Check, revise and restructure calculations to support efficient project execution and invoicing requirements
- Support update of the project status together with the PjM (dates, cost & project progress)
- Set-up proCalc projects, gain sign off by KAM and PM's
- Calculate internal PO's to support transfer of part project to affiliate
- Liaise with finance department during project set-up to ensure seamless transition from project acquisition to project execution
- Liaise with other departments as well as other affiliates
The Business Development Coordinator should have the following skills or experience:
- Extensive knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint essential)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to monthly deadlines with great attention to detail
- Proven organisational skills for workshops, events & meetings
- Understanding of typical sales approach and the business intelligence normally required to support
- Ability to prepare presentations for internal and external purposes
- Appreciation of future challenges faced by customers and ability to identify how our client can support customers to solve future challenges
- Planning, prioritising and coordinating workload independently with minimal guidance
- Knowledge of proCalc
- Previous experience of engineering projects in the automotive industry
- Experience with sales tools and software, for example Salesforce.com, SharePoint
Please note this position is for a Fixed Term period of 12 months.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Business Development Coordinator and you want to be considered, please apply today.
If you have any questions about the Business Development Coordinator role, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.