Coventry, West Midlands
£30000 - £40000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Technical Project Mgr / Business Development Officer -Automotive- Coventry - £30-£40k DOE
Our client is a research organisation that specialises in advanced automotive research - specifically weight reduction, autonomous vehicles (CAV), electrification technologies. It performs valuable R&D partnerships for industry OEMs, tier 1 and academic organisations. This role is technical in nature and would suit a qualified engineer with commercial acumen.
What you will do:
This role reports to the Business Development Manager and is part of a small team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with current and potential customers.
- Analyse future project opportunities through networking, events and maintaining/developing relationships.
- Interpret client needs and work with internal engineers to create scope of work
- Set up meetings, workshops, networking events to showcase how the centre can assist potential partners
- Contribute to the content of proposals
- Manage tenders simultaneously. Responsibility stretches from target identification through to appointment of Project manager
What you will need:
- 2i degree ideally in engineering or an analytic subject
- Some industry or research experience (ideally automotive) with either lightweight materials, HEV/EV, batteries, autonomous vehicles (CAV). At least being able to demonstrate some knowledge of industry trends in these areas and show capability to learn quickly
- Excellent inter personal skills - oral and written English, making presentations, MS Office, networking
What you will get:
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Ongoing training and development.
- The chance to work in excellent facilities.
- Career advancement.
Suitably qualified and experienced engineers should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter