- Sector: Automotive
- Function: General management
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59006
Title: Business & Strategy Manager - 37226
Division: Special Vehicle Operations
Contract Position based at: Fen End, Warwick
Rate: - up to £40.71/hr Ltd (c£31.33/hr PAYE option)
Vehicle Personalisation is an exciting and diverse function, within Special Operations, due to contribute >£600m revenue to the overall business this year through the SV Premium Paint, Accessories, Bespoke, Commercial and Armoured revenue streams. Our Strategy, Engineering and Programme Management teams collaborate with both Core and Special Operations Manufacturing, Commercial, Purchasing & Finance teams to deliver unique, personalised features and vehicles to our customers.
Key Performance Indicators
An agreed affordable strategy for all appropriate revenue streams.
Delivery and governance mechanisms for delivery of strategic plans.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of key strategic projects and work streams including cross-functional engagement and stakeholder management, ensuring quality, cost and timescales are prioritised as appropriate.
- Plan for and manage project risks, issues and dependencies to maximise likelihood of project success, escalating upwards where necessary.
- Partner with the operational business to understand current processes and to document and prioritise requirements for changes and additions.
- Undertake and support scenario planning as required.
- Effective stakeholder management and contracting to ensure projects add value and are aligned to stakeholder expectations.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience or strong knowledge of strategy development.
- Proven experience of stakeholder management at all levels.
- Methodical detailed approach to work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify how one issue can impact on another and put in place the required interventions through support or from own knowledge base
- Ability to manage significant risks and issues. Familiarity with low and medium volume manufacturing activity.
- Negotiation and adaptability.
- Stakeholder Management expertise, specifically the ability to confidently advise and influence senior stakeholders.
- Commercially astute with an ability to understand the business function that this role supports.
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning.
- An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs.
- An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
- An effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members.
- An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along.
- Strong communicator, able to critique in a technical context, strong team building ethos, and gravitas to communicate and gain respect at every level from shop floor to CEO/Board/Press.
- Achiever and motivated by delivering results by establishing realistic plans and proactively driving delivery with a never give up attitude.
- Structured but with experience of working in a changing, ambiguous and pacey environment.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, and a good understanding of working with suppliers and other technical partners.
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Relevant qualification and/or training in a recognised appropriate Project Management methodology.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.