- Sector: Electrification
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 01 December 2021
- Job Ref: 58829
Business and Innovation Manager - Electrification Technology – North East - £ Competitive DOE
This is an exceptional opportunity to support a new centre of engineering innovation. As Business and Innovation Manager you will work within a technical / R&D capacity, to identify and secure business opportunities for a multi-million pound research centre of excellence. You will also contribute to a major national initiative supporting the evolution towards a greener economy.
This is a technical business development position, and you will need to understand and communicate potential business / research proposals across a wide range of technical specialities and areas.
You will be a confident and enthusiastic individual with a demonstrable track record of successful experience of commercial management and, achievement of revenue targets. You will be able to demonstrate success in the securing of significant new business together with the ability to establish personal credibility with a broad range of management and technical practitioners.
As Business and Innovation Manager - Electrification Technology – you will be required to
- Develop new partner relationships from first contact, contacting senior managers at potential partners; create new business opportunities and identify potential new growth areas, as well as augmenting existing relationships, in order to deliver commercial income targets.
- To identify and develop new relationships and information sources from a wide network in order to maintain awareness of industry, market developments and stimulate growth.
- To follow up leads and build solid relationships with senior colleagues to assess the strategic value of leads, creating suitable proposals and value proposition for potential partners.
- Understand the funding landscape in order to help generate potential R&D proposals and partners within the research areas of key partners, disseminating funding information internally and externally where appropriate
- Overseeing selected strategic projects through launch until a project manager is assigned, including chairing of initial project meetings, maintaining a good working relationship with external partners and ensuring that project activities get off to a good start with respect to time, cost and quality objectives
- To identify and support marketing and promotional activities, aimed at increasing greater interaction between academic research leads and industry.
As Business and Innovation Manager – Electrification Technology – you will have
- An enthusiasm for engineering and the national movement towards a greener economy.
- Working knowledge of Power Electronics, Machines and Drives, and /or associated manufacturing and engineering processes and systems.
- A demonstrable track record of successful experience of commercial management and, achievement of revenue targets.
- Demonstrable success in the securing of significant new business
- Ability to establish personal credibility with a broad range of management practitioners, including directors, budget holders and programme participants with major corporate organisations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and proven organisational skills.
- Proven skills in negotiation and influencing, including the ability to direct resources appropriately to pursue new bids or opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to respond effectively to work pressure, tight deadlines, and the ability to adapt to change.
- Experience of levering public-funding mechanisms to support R&D (is desirable).
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.