Build Engineer - 35312 / 35313 - up to £24.10/hr - Professional
Location: Ryton, Rugby, Warwickshire
- Act as the key interface for all VP build electrical resolution in EOL.
- Responsibility for ensuring IPT and Software download processes are validated and issues reported during VP build.
- Coordinate with Electrical Integration and VCATS in the development of an achievable software delivery, validation and download plan for each build.
- Work with the EDS team to ensure that there is a robust plan in place for EDS delivery and change control across all VP builds
- Provide technical leadership and coordinate training for the team of electricians within the department.
- Manage the day to day running of the End of Line area, responsible for vehicle throughput / ECCAR control and delivery of status reports.
- Lead cross functional teams during the vehicle build to root cause, manage and resolve all electrical software and hardware issues.
- Control Zone reporting process ensuring closure feedback is delivered by Build engineers. Develop common processes and practices across all product lines and build sites.
- Lead the development, testing and implementation of new tool and technologies within Prototype Assembly
- Lead the ongoing development and strategy of the Prototype Build and Planning processes with a focus on all electrical and electronic aspects of a vehicle build.
- Responsible for leading a team of Electrical Engineers including objective setting and reviews
3 KEY SKILLS:
- Excellent all round working knowledge of vehicle electrical systems.
- Significant experience in technical problem identification and resolution. They should be determined to achieve deadlines and be pro-active in anticipating and preventing any build stopping issues
- Able to demonstrate good project management experience and a track record of successful project delivery. They will also need to ensure that the quality of the product is not compromised by the ability to achieve the timing plan
- Experience of working directly with or within the Electrical COC to deliver software & hardware for vehicle builds.
- Knowledge of the entry and exit requirements for a VP build event.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic, pro-active, demonstrates initiative, with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience in developing new processes and procedures to improve quality and delivery.
- Experience in raising and using AIMS.
- Flexibility to work across other sites as required.
- Able to demonstrate a good grasp of new technologies and their implementation.
- Self confident and able to represent Pilot Operations with integrity and credibility.
- Excellent communication skills, PC literate, especially MS office.
- Full driving Licence.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.