Build Project Engineer - 35312 / 35313 - up to £24.10/hr
Location: Ryton, Rugby, Warwickshire
We are looking for a Build Project Engineer, with Engineering level experience NOT technical / hands on experience of building vehicles and understanding of the functional systems therein. May have strengths in particular areas of vehicle systems.
Analytical and Leadership skills are needed to be able to independently lead an activity, decision making, metric tracking & reporting, driving problem resolution and influence the team to deliver necessary results for quality and delivery metrics.
- Act as the key interface for all VP build electrical resolution in EOL.
- Responsibility for ensuring IPT and Software download processes are validated and issues reported during VP build.
- Coordinate with Electrical Integration and VCATS in the development of an achievable software delivery, validation and download plan for each build.
- Work with the EDS team to ensure that there is a robust plan in place for EDS delivery and change control across all VP builds
- Provide technical leadership and coordinate training for the team of electricians within the department.
- Manage the day to day running of the End of Line area, responsible for vehicle throughput / ECCAR control and delivery of status reports.
- Lead cross functional teams during the vehicle build to root cause, manage and resolve all electrical software and hardware issues.
- Control Zone reporting process ensuring closure feedback is delivered by Build engineers. Develop common processes and practices across all product lines and build sites.
- Lead the development, testing and implementation of new tool and technologies within Prototype Assembly
- Lead the ongoing development and strategy of the Prototype Build and Planning processes with a focus on all electrical and electronic aspects of a vehicle build.
- Responsible for leading a team of Electrical Engineers including objective setting and reviews
3 KEY SKILLS:
- Excellent all round working knowledge of vehicle electrical systems.
- Significant experience in technical problem identification and resolution. They should be determined to achieve deadlines and be pro-active in anticipating and preventing any build stopping issues
- Able to demonstrate good project management experience and a track record of successful project delivery. They will also need to ensure that the quality of the product is not compromised by the ability to achieve the timing plan
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.