Brakes System Leader - 35028 - up to £25.96/hr - Chassis Engineering
Reporting to the Brakes System Architect, the Brakes System Leader will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of the control technologies and features into the Brakes system. These functions will coordinate the logical approach of a number of systems across the vehicle platform. The System Leader will coordinate a cross functional team via regular Stakeholders meetings with the common objective to deliver new approach, solution and technologies which satisfy the attribute performance, feature content and timing objectives demanded by the programme.
3 KEY SKILLS
- An experienced engineer in Automotive, Electrical or Aeronautical field with:
- Strong Systems Engineering background.
- Strong team player with a successful track record in team leadership and organisation.
- Enthusiasm for task, strong drive and high motivation and largely self-sufficient.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and deliver First time through results
- Ability to negotiate technical solutions within a multi-disciplinary and geographically spread team. Strong communication and presentation skills will be required to negotiate solutions and to report out regularly to all levels of the JLR business and supply base. Thorough knowledge of basic quality engineering tools including FMEA and robust application of Lessons Learned from previous programmes. UK Driving Licence for Cat B vehicles.
- An understanding of vehicles dynamics on and off road. Experience of CAE simulation methods including Hardware In The Loop (HIL), Control system design, development & delivery - particularly into JLR programmes.
The candidate will have a track record which demonstrates:
- Experience in development of complex automotive electromechanical systems using a Systems Engineering approach.
- Liaison with multiple process partners e.g. Design, Purchase & Project Management Teams.
- Experience of creation of technical specifications and development plans.
To apply for this position please contact Lois Weston.