£21.39 - 21.39 per hour
3 months ago
Title: Brakes Engineering Component Engineer (36439)
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
This is a highly involved, hands-on role requiring engineering know how, and cross functional & technical project management skills. Good teamwork and leadership is vital, both within JLR and with external suppliers, as is excellent communication skills.
As a Brakes Engineering Component Engineer, you'll be responsible for implementation and management of component changes, contributing to cascaded Departmental year end targets with suppliers on Brake pipes and hoses content
You will lead a multi-functional Engineering team where required, working closely with other areas i.e. PD Engineering, CAD Designers, Development, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Service etc in order to achieve these objectives. Liaise with Programme teams and Chassis management on all aspects of delivery
- Proven Component delivery ownership to volume production
- Leadership of a multifunctional team for delivery of a component to full volume production
- Able to demonstrate structured problem solving approach to resolve issues robustly
- Robust practical knowledge of engineering principles is essential
- Proven Component delivery experience in the design and development of Chassis components.
- Knowledge of Braking or Chassis Hydraulic systems would be advantageous.
- Good presentation and communication skills, project management and team leadership/ coordination skills.
- Experience of managing the implementation of these components with suppliers.
- Self motivated and able to work to a high standard with minimum supervision.
- Flexible approach and able to work beyond normal hours when required.
- Ability to understand and deal with the results from test and development testing including FE analysis.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.