Title: Brakes Engineering Subject Matter Expert
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £25.41 per hour
The Brakes Engineering Attribute Subject Matter Expert is a crucial role to enable us to develop appropriate customer-level targets for braking performance in a time of rapid technological change.
This SME will work closely with the Technical Specialists within Brakes Engineering to develop 'futured' targets and the associated validation processes. A background in vehicle braking systems is essential in this role.
- The ability to benchmark competitors and understand market trends to create standards for new vehicle programmes.
- The ability to support the Brakes Engineering Technical Specialists in developing optimised physical test methods
- The ability to identify gaps in knowledge and existing standards and use these drive JLR research programmes
- Knowledge of brake systems and interfaces and delivering customer attributes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability both to secure support of seniors and to motivate and enrol the engineering teams Vehicle evaluation ability
- Knowledge and use of Problem solving tools (e.g. Six sigma, 8D, DMAIC)
- A working knowledge of systems such as PCS, eFDVS, RMDV and AIMs
This role is to cover for an employee who is currently long term sick and will end, with 1 months` notice, when that employee is able to return to work.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Brakes Attribute Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.