Job Title: Boiler Maintenance Technician / Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an experienced boiler technician / engineer to work for our client at their facility in Halesowen, the role will be carrying out annual services to industrial steam boilers at our customer sites throughout the UK. There would also been requirements to work away occasionally to meet customers need but the majority of work would be travelled daily.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travelling to site to meet customers / site supervisors gaining any necessary permits to work
- High level work on scaffolding as and when required
- Adhering to confined space procedures and training
- To complete a full annual service on various boilers
- Removal, repacking, cleaning joint faces, and refitting of valves using hand tools to open front and rear smoke box doors, water covers, open valves, and reassemble valves and refit valves etc
- Boiler cleaning, using rotary tube cleaning machines
- To complete NDT, using various equipment such as hand tools, cutting discs, hammer drills, etc
- Filling and firing boilers with the assistance of site personnel
- Complete any documentation and hand over to the customer leaving the boiler in a full safe and working order
- To be responsible for ensuring all tools and equipment is returned from sites
In addition to daily responsibilities, key tasks will include.
- Ensuring all activities are performed safely and accurately in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and company guidelines.
- Complete all paperwork and system-based records accurately and in a timely manner
- We are looking for someone that has excellent communications skills and can use their own initiative to work without constant supervision.
- You will need to hold a full UK driving licence and would ideally have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a commercial and industrial background.
- This is a permanent contract subject to completion of a satisfactory probation period.
- All health and safety training is provided as well as transport.
- Core hours are 7.30-16.00 Monday to Friday, but flexibility to suit customer needs is expected.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.