- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Creative design & styling
- Contact: Kate Stevens
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446130
- Expiry Date: 08 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59265
Title: Body Exterior Project Leader - 54428
Division: Product Development
Contract Position based at: Dunton
Rate: up to £36.98/hour LTD (£28.51/hour PAYE)
- A Body Engineering based Studio integration, project management and technical role to drive effective and timely class A surface design/ development .
- Lead and coordinate Design progression activities (K Loop) between Engineering and Studio. Provide support to the studio feasibility process to ensure clear expectations are aligned and met between teams.
- Liaise between Engineering and Studio on key design attributes and assumptions.
- Clarify expectations and plan (the what, the when, the whom) to support design progression.
- Be able to drive architectural changes to meet design expectations.
- Be able to consider attribute needs, engineering hardpoints, homologation & safety parameters, manufacturing requirements to drive concept development.
- Chair master section reviews and define roadmap for geometric compatibility of attributes.
- Track and project manage the journey to master section sign off and completion.
- Shepard the design to be fully complaint with the occupant and mechanical package, Program assumptions and attribute targets.
- Lead discovery completion phase (post class A surface release) and issue resolution activities between various stake holders.
- Lead escalation process and organise feasibility discussions.
- Support high level engineering meetings and appearance alignment forums.
- Provide and publish surface development progression and health charts to management. Champion the appearance process flow and contribute towards continuous improvements to educate the team.
- Good interpersonal skills, energetic, positive, and engaging.
- Expertise in leading architectural design in a collaborative dynamic working environment.
- Proficient in managing and addressing design progression issues between stake holders.
- Be able to explain all technical elements which are being tracked in simple terms.
- Be able to summarise and present technical & timing elements to management.
- Be able to understand and interrogate Engineering, Attribute and Studio proposals.
- Catia capable with working knowledge on FSS, FTA, Teamcenter Engineering (TCe), Vismockup.
- Knowledge of Surface release processes. Microsoft Office inc Project proficient. Knowledge of exterior manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of ICEM and Studio systems.
- Experience working in a studio and feasibility environment.
- Experience working with Attributes, C/ship, Design and Engineering.
- Demonstrable Exterior Design & Release, Design Studio, or equivalent experience.
- Degree or equivalent.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.