Body Electronics Engineer - R00010573
A Body Electronics Engineer is required with knowledge of software and hardware development.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Body Electronics Engineer with experience working on major development programs, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar for a new contract role. As a Body Electronics Engineer you will be required to carry out the following:
- Project management, release and maintenance of the vehicle bill of materials. Creation and maintenance of end-of-line configuration data.
- Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets. Managing in house and supplier validation of components to design standards.
- Work cross functionally with engineering and manufacturing teams globally to innovate new features and applications and resolve concerns.
- Development of specifications for electronics components and systems to design/test standards.
- Collaboration with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
- Status reporting to management.
The Body Electronics Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Automotive electronics development industry, or similar (aerospace, telecommunications etc.) you will also have the following education and experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Automotive electrical and electronic development, completing a minimum of one previous vehicle development, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Management of Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product. Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
- Self-motivating and self-managing.
- Pro-active. Flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
- Knowledge of software and hardware development.
- Competent with PC applications, MS office, etc.
- Fluent English verbal and written language skills
- Full European/UK driver's license essential.
If you have any questions about the Body Electronics Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship