Body Electronics Engineer (Airbag)
£35,000pa + Benefits
Our client provides engineering technology solutions to major manufacturers and numerous suppliers in the Automotive Industry. They currently require the skills of a Body Electronics Engineer to join our consulting team on an Airbag Development project.
The successful Body Electronics Engineer - Airbags will deliver to vehicle projects lifecycle from concept to market.
Main tasks and responsibilities for the Body Electronics Engineer - Airbags:
- Project management
- Release and maintenance of the vehicle bill of materials
- Creation and maintenance of end-of-line configuration data
- Design & development of electrical and electronic systems to design standards
- Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets
- Managing the client's in house and their supplier validation of components to design standards
- Work with test and customer orientated engineering teams to resolve concerns
- Development of specifications for body electronics components to design/test standards
- Collaboration with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks
- Status reporting to management
Skills and Experience
- Experience of electronic part development within automotive industry or similar (e.g.aerospace), completing a minimum of one previous vehicle development
- Experience of automotive airbag development.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Management of Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product.
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
- Self-motivating and self-managing.
- Pro-active and flexible regarding working practice and working hours
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices
- Knowledge of software and hardware development
Additionally, the following may be an advantage.
- Knowledge of CAN, software programming.
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding and metal pressing/stamping.
- Knowledge of RF theory and low power RF communications.
- Understanding of electronic mass production techniques and processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience of electronics design to develop your career.
If you have any questions about the Body Electronics Engineer - Airbag role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262