CAD Body Engineer
Upto £33.00 P/H Ltd
Body, Exterior, Structures, Vehicle, Design, Catia, GD&T, Low Volume
A CAD Body Engineer is required with knowledge of the design and development of exterior trim and body structure. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to a new vehicle development program this company, a niche vehicle manufacturer based in Nuneaton requires a creative and forward-thinking CAD Body Engineer with knowledge in the design and development of body structures for a long-term contract role. As a CAD Body Engineer you will be required to:
The CAD Body Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Design lightweight body frame structures, body fittings, suspension mountings, FEA.
- Design in CATIA V5 with a knowledge of GD&T.
- Broad design and packaging background across all major vehicle systems and areas.
- Thorough understanding of Engineering materials and their properties including an understanding of stress analyses within a weigh critical application.
- Strong appreciation of corrosion prevention methods, materials and processes.
- Hands- On mechanical skills and experience with automotive/related vehicles and systems.
- Excellent problem solver with strong organisational and time management skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook), with the ability to create detailed status reports, measureables and timelines.
- This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of design and development of body structures seeking a long-term contract opportunity. In return for your experience, this Nuneaton based automotive company will offer you:
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of design and development of body structures seeking a long-term contract opportunity. In return for your experience, this Nuneaton based automotive company will offer you:
- Upto £33.00 P/H - Long-Term Contract
- Exciting new vehicle program that will challenge the most experienced design engineer.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of design/development and body structures and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CAD Body Engineer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email