£20.84 - 20.84 per hour
about 1 month ago
Title: Body and Security Design and Release Engineer
Division: Product Development
Contract Position based at: Dunton
Rate - up to £20.84 per hour LTD rate (which equals - Up to £16.47/hour PAYE rate) INSIDE IR35
EESE Body Electronics Module CV Application Engineer - Design and release engineer for Body and Security electronics components, software and features for Commercial Vehicle applications.
- Develop product and feature definitions, assumptions and targets with Marketing, Program Planning and Program Management.
- Lead engineering tasks to support programme milestones and gateways.
- Design, develop, integrate and test hardware and software to meet feature and system specification requirements, to program targets (cost, weight and timing).
- Lead sourcing with Purchasing, Finance and Cost Estimating.
- Project manage high volume electronics suppliers to deliver the required engineering development and testing support.
- Support packaging of sensors and ECUs - meeting functional design rules in CAD and associated DPA requirements.
- Lead compatibility review process, cascading requirements to interfacing components and modules.
- Support latest software processes, CAN message lists, signal database development, and cyber security.
- Plan and coordinate design verification and validation testing to support engineering sign off gateways (HiL, SiL, Buck, Vehicle).
- Support prototype builds and production launches at vehicle assembly plants.
- Support manufacturing requirements, diagnostics and EOL compatibility.
- Lead investigations and resolutions for any test failures, launch issues and customer quality concerns.
- Support programme meetings, monitor delivery performance and conduct weekly status report-outs to management to forums.
- Use lessons learnt, quality data, and FMA tools for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate the application and deployment of design methodologies, engineering processes and quality tools.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PC based apps.
- Project management skills with a thorough attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, perseverance, and liaison skills working with a global team.
Knowledge of Ford Global Product Development System and Ford Engineering Tools and Processes: VSEM, GPDS, eFDVS, AVBOM, WERS,AIMS, Teamcenter.
Experience in electrical or electronic systems, hardware and/or software. Fully conversant in all Design & Release tools (WERS / GPDS etc). Minimum of 2-years of PT Development experience.
Systems engineering, vehicle testing, automotive electronics.
Engineering degree or equivalent or two thirds of a degree course completed with commitment to complete studies. Minimum of 2:2 Engineering degree in:-Automotive Engineering, Electronic Systems, or Electrical Engineering. Other Engineering/pure science degrees will be considered on a case to case basis.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.