£24 per hour
about 1 month ago
Body & Closure Systems Design Engineer
Rate - £24ph PAYE
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- On time delivery of design notes and drawing changes.
- Right first time design changes.
- Delivery of concern closures and market countermeasures against company KPIs
- Root cause investigation of development & market concerns for side doors.
- Countermeasure design development
- Validation of countermeasures.
- Project management of changes including cost & schedule approval.
- Supplier management.
- Lead technical development & interface with purchase, PMD, production plants, test and quality departments.
- Travel to production plants, suppliers and concern vehicle investigations as required.
- Flexible working (e.g. working from home) is available / required
Qualifications, Skills Training Requirements
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Experience of closures design Engineering
- Knowledge of key closure performance requirements and critical design factors.
- Experience of investigating and solving both development and market concerns.
- Project Engineer / Project management experience i.e. Demonstrable ability to plan, manage and deliver design changes on-time / to budget.
- There is an assumption that the candidate will have the following skills and experience:Experienced with Microsoft office software
- Knowledge of CAD data / drawing storage and revision procedures.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and to present to stakeholders at all levels.
Is role/worker in scope for IR-35 : Yes
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.