BMS Verification Engineer
Remote/Peterborough - Hybrid (on-site a couple of times a month)
Up to £36/hr - Inside IR35
Contract - Initial 12 months
The successful applicant for this position will join the European Controls & Software team, which is responsible for engine control system development and battery management system (BMS) software development for all Industrial Power Systems Division's small and medium powertrain programmes.
- Will be developing verification test procedures and test cases for the functional testing Battery Management System functionality. These test procedures and cases will then be executed manually, by the candidate, to prove their capability and subsequently automated using a scripting engine to create regression tests. The team will use these to demonstrate the quality of our software products, targeting defect-free release and minimal battery system and machine downtime from software issues or defects.
- Support the execution of functional testing by both verification engineers and BMS controls and software developers.
- Assist, as necessary with the maintenance and development of the Opal-RT HiL bench system, working with the team lead to ensure that the system functionality needs or exceeds requirements and that any problems or development needs arising are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in a hands-on verification testing role, taking a proactive role in the development and execution of tests. A pragmatic approach to work, and a willingness to get hands-on with the product is therefore essential.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Strong technical background - ideally a good technical degree in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering - though consideration will be given to other qualifications or significant relevant experience in lieu of this
- Prior experience in vehicle control system testing or development, ideally battery management system, electric vehicle, inverter or battery
- A proven track record of conducting tests of electronic systems on the end product
- Hardware in the loop experience (Dspace/ other equivalents)
- Software testing in real-time embedded systems
- Python scripting
- Team player with good communication skills. Work from own initiative and make progress without need for lots of supervision
For further information, please send your interest and CV to James Tilley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.