Job Title: Connectivity Project Lead
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 D.O.E
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, up to 18% bonus, car cash allowance, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
A World-leading off-highway vehicle and heavy plant manufacturer is seeking an expert leader in connectivity technology, elctrical systems and components for all machine and and engine platforms.
The division is responsible for electronic and electrical systems development across all engine and machine platforms. Based in Peterborough, the European Division of all works with all European facilities to develop and apply advanced technology to the control of our highly integrated engines and machines. With unrivalled levels of vertical integration within the industry, the division's systems help to maximise the customer value and efficiency of end products, whilst minimising owning and operating costs.
As a Connectivity Project Lead, the successful applicant for this position will responsible for leading and executing on a portfolio of digital connectivity Telematics and Bluetooth projects to support Caterpillar's engine business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide program management support across the Telematics and Connected Bluetooth Products for the Engine Systems Team.
- You will use your electrical engineering and business experiences to program manage our Telematics and Bluetooth product research and implement across the engine range.
- Assess costs in terms of hardware and software engineering and services for the future development of a connected products range.
- You will play an instrumental part in the expansion of our Telematics and Bluetooth products by investigating new opportunities and collaborating with other teams across Caterpillar.
- You will solicit and capture system and customer requirements.
- Design, plan and manage the development of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for the engine business.
- Initiate and develop Bluetooth driven solutions to improve the digital footprint of the business.
- Developing connected solutions that will deliver high quality product data from the field to the Data Analytics team.
- Plan, develop and execute validation activities to mitigate project risk and ensure solutions are verified and validated for market introduction.
- Evaluate and analyse any product design and requirement changes.
- Identify and resolve new and current product development issues.
- Direct and indirect supervision and coaching of cross functional project leaders.
- Communicating progress of connected and digital projects with appropriate leadership and teams across Caterpillar.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous Bluetooth Connected Solutions and Electronic Systems experience is required gained working within a large global business.
- Excellent Team Leader or Electronic Systems Engineering experience gained through previous supervision and/or coaching of cross functional project teams.
- Previous experience with Internet of Things (IoT) solution implementation.
- Excellent data capture and analytics knowledge is essential.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions in problem solving.
- Good PC Skills with previous Microsoft Office experience is essential, will be able to use Excel to intermediate standard.
- Will possess excellent planning and organisational skills.
- You will be a proactive team player who can work collaboratively inside and outside of their business unit.
- You will be technically excellent with a particularly leaning towards electrical engineering.
- You will have a proven track record of success initiating, designing and developing strategies to deliver profitable growth across Telematics and Connected Bluetooth Products.
- You will have excellent Project Management skills, with a clear methodology to ensure a project plan is developed and executed successfully.
- You will be a confident communicator able to engage and influence with both internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
Ideally applicants will hold a graduate degree preferably in IT or Engineering.
If you are interested in this special opportunity, then apply now.