BIW Process Engineer
Exciting opportunity for a BIW Process Engineer to work for a leading automotive manufacturing equipment and electric drive system solutions expert based in West Midlands.
Our client is looking to expand their team and is seeking an experienced process engineer who can demonstrate BIW skills.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To work closely with the project management team to ensure a strong understanding of business needs, that the technical requirements of products are fully understood and addressed
- To support project managers and their teams through the provision of project analysis, identifying and reporting emerging issues and trends in performance and behaviours related to planning & schedule management
- To report into the project manager, communicating the impact of changes to internal and external stakeholders and providing scenario analysis
- To evaluate and improve processes in manufacturing systems
- To develop innovative solutions
- To develop and implement systems that optimise all phases of the production process
- To provide accurate cost budget for projects. Establish and maintain a database for project planning and cost
Key skills and experience:
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Teamworking skills
- Basic project management skills
- Experience and knowledge of the process and equipment for BIW & Powertrain assembly gained within an automotive OEM environment.
- Smart, methodical, organised, clear communication, assertive but polite to all. Willing to take on new skills and challenges. Can do attitude. Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
- PC skills- MS Office, AutoCAD, CATIA and etc.
- Relevant degree in mechanical & automotive engineering or equivalent experience
This is an initial rolling contract opportunity, hourly rate is negotiable depending upon experience.
Ideally seeking an immediately available candidate, interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY!
Please contact Kate Stevens at Jonathan Lee to discuss further.