£25.32 - 25.32 per hour
Title: Body in White (BIW) Manufacturing Engineer - 37167
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £25.32/hr Ltd rate (PAYE also available - rate equals c£19.57/hr PAYE rate)
This role will provide engineering and technical support to design, develop and define the optimal manufacturing production processes to enable successful launch of new products, ensuring feasibility of all designs to suit manufacturing build requirements, Design for Assembly (DFA) and compliance with and generation of the Bill of Process (BOP); not only within across vehicle programmes but across architectures and plants.
This includes the creation of process, design of tools, jigs & fixtures, quality, data analysis and reporting of major issues, deployment of failure mode avoidance tools, support of cross-functional teams in the resolution of those issues on projects and the tracking of resolution through to completion.
You will be part of a team of engineers, the role requires collaboration across functions to ensure we have established compliance with the BOP to deliver processes that meet our basic minute value (BMV) and quality targets and optimal MCPU.
It is also important for us to share best practice across the platforms and between manufacturing plants to ensure we employ the best processes available wherever possible, for you to be the Zone/CPSC code assembly expert for the company. This role will be also part of the agile teams within product creation, the process engineer will be integrating the base principles of design for manufacturing and ensure that BOP and all the key performance indicators are part of the contributing factors for the design of commodities and their inclusion in programmes.
- Relevant previous experience of BIW Manufacturing / Engineering processes, tools and techniques
- Knowledge of either BIW tooling design or simulation
- Knowledge of BIW processes
- Flexible approach to job responsibilities and working hours Mechanical Engineering principles
- Ability to manage 3D models tools (CAD)
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable
- Achieve results and meets commitments.
- Building relationships.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, problem solver.
- Self-motivated team player with good interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Good sense of personal organisation and time management.
- Data driven.
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure
- Knowledge of and involvement in the product development phase
- Project management experience
- Understanding of IPS requirements & Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge of BIW processes
- Geometric dimensional & tolerancing knowledge (GD&T) with ability to perform tolerance stack up
Minimum NVQ L3 in relevant Engineering discipline
Ideally educated to HNC/HND/Degree level in Manufacturing or a similar Engineering discipline
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.