Project Engineer - Facilities Engineering
Up to £25.96 p/h Ltd
A Project Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM.
As part of their Global Facilities Engineering function of Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering, the Construction Management team are responsible for supporting the Manufacturing Engineering teams in the development of all new construction projects and modifications associated with new engine facilities and engineering updates worldwide.
- Undertake desktop studies and site investigations for prospective projects, utilising in-house or external specialists where appropriate to enable the evaluation of alternative economic solutions and support project justification. Manage Contractors in strict accordance with the JLR Control of Contractors procedures. Perform the role of Principal Designer on behalf of the Design & Construction function ensuring that all duties are discharged on behalf of the project team.
- Revit, and 3D AutoCAD/Inventor and 2D CAD skills is essential
- Proven experience in the delivery of large facility or project installations from the development of concept models through to commissioning and handover
- You will be expected to produce and develop 3D co-ordinated models using BIM Authoring tools such as Revit MEP and producing schematic and detailed 2D Autocad drawing for the purposes of setting out during installations
- Liaison with other engineers and technicians is essential so you must have good communication skills
- Responsible for creating concept & feasibility layouts for new manufacturing processes or facilities that utilise space effectively and have a clear structure for material, people and production flow and support lean manufacturing targets
- Lead the development of the master layout or zone from concept design through to detailed planning or gateway approval, communicating clearly the requirements of the process / facility effectively to internal process teams, consultant engineer and architect
- Responsible for coordinating the relevant design parties and disciplines within the project team, to ensure that the facility and building services are installed in a safe and coordinated manner that is fault and clash free
The position will be a long-term contract role based in Whitley, Coventry and is paying a rate of up to £25.96 Ltd Co per hour.
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment as soon as possible.