New Malden, Surrey
£40000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Job Title: Big Data Senior Software Engineer (JOB NUMBER: 00052789)
Location: Either DORCHESTER or NEW MALDEN
Salary: £45000 - 48000
Would you like to be involved in future technology for Combat Systems? We currently have a vacancy for a Big Data Senior Software Engineer at our site in Dorchester or New Malden.
As a Big Data Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of the Core Technology Office team working on Big Data technologies to harness the value within data and information on board our systems deployed with the Royal Navy.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be involved in and explore future technology and enable you to gain further exposure across the business.
Your main responsibilities as a Big Data Senior Software Engineer will involve:
* Researching and evaluating technologies and solutions to new problems
* Scoping and identifying issues with new requirements
* Delivering components and subsystems with the programme
* Delivering against budgets
Your skills and qualifications:
* Experience of using big data technologies within the Open Source domain
* Familiar with Windows and Linux development and deployment
* Familiar with Java C++ and C++ languages
* Exposure to the full software lifecycle from design, test and acceptance
* Naval Combat Management Systems experience
* Experience of building prototypes and demonstrators within an Agile development environment
* Understanding of Networks (architecture and protocols)
* Experience with Virtual machines and VMware ESXi
What we're looking for in you:
You must be able to work with minimal supervision, be pro-active, diligent, and have good problem solving and team-working skills.
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Please be aware that many roles working for this company will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.