£50k - 55k per year + benefits
A Bids Manager is required for a leading defence organisation based in Coventry. This permanent position will report directly to the Director of Programmes and is responsible for the delivery of current contract and future business requirements through the management, drafting, negotiation, and agreement of commercially, technically, and financially robust proposals in line with business objectives.
As the Bids Manager, you must be capable of assessing the explicit requirements of solicitations (such as invitations to tender, pre-qualification questionnaires etc) alongside developing accurate, competitive, highly literate bids and well-informed responses in a timely manner and to bid budget. You will engage with senior management across the business and the Executive team routinely. Bids will vary in size and complexity, with values ranging from £10k up to very large, multi-million-pound opportunities.
The Bids Manager will be accountable for the following:
- Leading on bid preparation activities, culminating in the delivery of robust proposals.
- To provide Bid Management services on Major and Minor Bids within the Company, taking full ownership for Bid Preparation, Delivery from Bid/No-Bid to Contract Acceptance, cooperating and collaborating with all other necessary business functions to do so.
- To provide Bid Management support to pre-bid activities in the Capture Prospect / Business Development phase, assisting Business Development in structuring and framing the opportunity prior to a bid being commenced as required.
- To manage pre-bid activities as required, including responses to Expressions of Interest (EoI), Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) and Requests for Information (RFI).
- To perform some Cost / Price Estimation on occasion, primarily in support of Target Cost setting for Bids, or for the preparation of rapid turnaround ROM price submissions.
We are seeking candidates that have the following experience:
- Experience of bid management, including the ability to draft highly literate responses in support of specific requirements.
- Experience of contracting with Prime Defence Contractors, UK MoD and related agencies, and Export Customers, would be viewed highly advantageously.
- Understands the different types of proposals and the implications associated with them, e.g.: Firm / Fixed / ROM or Budgetary / Max Price or Not-To-Exceed; Competitive / Non-Competitive or Single Source.
- High level of numeracy / literacy, and a good standard of computer literacy, particularly in MS Office applications (Word / Excel / Project / Visio).
- A good level of technical proficiency preferably underpinned by formal technical/engineering qualifications.
- Ability to communicate (and report) at all levels within the business.
- Strong negotiation skills with customers, management, peers, and subordinates.
- Experience of Cost Estimation / Cost Engineering an asset.
If you would like to discuss this Bids Manager role and our client in more detail then please call 01384 446165 and ask for Les Hines or send your CV to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.