A Bid Manager is required to work on current and future projects for a leading defence organisation based in the Worcestershire area who manufacture niche, high value products for the Ministry of Defence.
The Bid Manager will work alongside the Sales and Marketing function to support all activities from marketing campaigns, through the bidding process to contract negotiation/award and subsequent customer liaison and support. The successful candidate will also develop business levels with the external customer base of Missile System Prime Contractors and the UK MOD.
The Bid Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Co-ordinating costing inputs in conjunction with the Programme Bid Manager and other disciplines within the business to ensure the timely delivery of professional proposals to customers
- Optimising business-winning opportunities
- Arranging and conducting meetings with customers with respects to all aspects of bidding and securing new contracts
- Ensuring that bids to and from customers are contractually sound
- Assisting the Head of Sales and Marketing to meet and exceed order intake targets
- Where required, taking specific responsibility for managing the requirements of key customers by obtaining feedback on business performance, identifying opportunities and generating capture plans for significant prospects
In addition, the following general attributes are required for the Bid Manager:
- A team player with the ability to deal confidently and professionally at all levels
- An excellent communicator with the ability to competently conduct meetings and presentations within the business and with external customers
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of contractual matters
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and experience in bidding for engineering/manufacturing contracts would be an advantage
- Willing to travel within the UK and Europe when required
- Intermediate/Advanced level in Microsoft suite of IT products
- Able to contribute positively to the business improvement process
- Enthusiastic, energetic, flexible and dedicated disposition
Due to our client's activity and customer base, security clearances will be required. On this basis, applicants will need to be from a suitable nationality and background to be considered.
This is an urgent requirement, so please apply today and if you require any further information on the role of Bid Manager, please contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143.