Job title: Bespoke Project Engineer (Inside IR35)
Role: RollingContract - until end of Dec 22 (Opportunity to be extended after Dec for 12 months)
Hours: Full Time (40 hours)
Rate: Up to £28.02 per hour Ltd
We require a Bespoke Project Engineer in Chichester who will be responsible for the management and delivery of Interior component development activities across the relevant multi-departmental process-chain to ensure on time introduction and integration into bespoke vehicles. The position is responsible for project planning of all engineering activities to the required detail in support of the tasks assigned by the Lead Engineer.
As the Bespoke Project Engineer you will be responsible for:
- To manage and carry out the necessary development activities including Research Investigation, Internal Patent Application, Engineering Costing, Engineering Design, Risk Analysis, engineering centre Alignment, Test Planning & Validation, Project Planning, whilst ensuring product parameters (product properties & function, costs, weight, quality, timing) are released on time within the scope defined by feature sheets assigned by the Lead Engineer.
- To financially evaluate bespoke features for Engineering relevant budget costs including Testing, Engineering Manpower, Development Materials, etc, and manage the budget as the project develops.
- Lead the "Simultaneous Engineering Team" and conduct project management activities within the team comprised of the Process-Chain stakeholders from other functions across the business. Establishing, agreeing, documenting tasks and requirements, and assigning them to the correct stakeholders within the "Simultaneous Engineering Team" and supporting the tasks assigned from the Lead Engineer.
- Creation, maintain, and alignment of engineering time plans ensuring activities are aligned with Process-Chain stakeholders and deliver the project on time for the require milestones. Creation, maintain, and release of engineering requirements for features including the use of various risk analysis steps, including Risk filters, DFMEAs, and ensure associated Legal, Safety & Group standard requirements are brought into DVPs, Requirement Specifications, and other engineering documents.
- To lead capacity planning of Design Engineers to conduct the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of BoM, CAD Data, 2D drawings, other specification documents and prepare information for Engineering System Release.
- To validate the product to all homologation requirements before preparing information for Engineering Release. To determine the required quality requirements from an engineering perspective working with design & quality functions.
- To lead all resolution activities for any issues identified in the "Problem Management Process" and to report/document the status when required.
As the Parts Quality Lead you should have the following skills/experiences/competencies:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or equivalent. Experience in automotive project/programme management and leading cross-functional teams without disciplinary responsibility of team members
- Knowledge and experience of Automotive Manufacturing Processes for interior components with the ability to select appropriate concepts, processes, and tooling options for low and medium volume manufacturing volumes. Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements relating to exterior/interior content
- CAD (Catia V5) competence required. Ability to create/review 2D engineering drawings.
- A sound knowledge of automotive feature development including development cost estimation, technical feature specification, DFM/DFA, RPT and low-volume production techniques with respect to cost, time, and weight requirements and regarding test planning and development.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to meet the highest of automotive standards with regards to quality, robustness, and the avoidance of undesirable levels of NVH.
- Ability to flexibly travel is required around working hours to visit various UK/European suppliers & project offices in Europe. Business/technical German language capability would be advantageous.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now if you have a background in, Automotive/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Project Management and Manufacturing Processes. If you have any questions about the Bespoke Project Engineer’s role, please contact Jordyn Disspain at Jonathan Lee Recruitment using Jordyn.email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.