£20.72 - 20.72 per hour
Job Title Bespoke Planner - Paint Process
Type & duration Contract - 6 Months
Start date ASAP
PAY RATE: £20.72 Per Hour PAYE
IR35 DETERMINATION: IR35 Regulations Apply - Inside IR35
The Bespoke Engineer/Planner is responsible for the implementation of new repeat bespoke features into the current production requirements of the Exterior Surface Centre.
Focus on review and optimization of existing processes, so new repeat requests can be integrated successfully.
Develops best practice, acts as the reviewer of CAD data and drawings to ensure all new parts and tooling are delivered to correct specification.
This role will be part of an existing team of two, within the Exterior Surface Centre Planning Bespoke team.
- Technical knowledge of paint application in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment when implementing a new vehicle or part.
- Ability to review CAD files and technical drawings so that painted parts are delivered to their agreed cost, quality and time targets.
- Read and translate CAD data and technical Photoshop / Adobe illustrator EPS files where appropriate to accurately assess each new request and develop each project.
- Report feasibility status in feature sheet process for projects and report statuses to Project Planners and Managers. Understanding of manufacturing concepts and design limitations required.
- Produce accurate timing and cost estimates for each feature.
- Where applicable, identify new suppliers of products or services and obtain trial samples to evaluate their offering.
- Where applicable, identify potential applications of research and develop prototype parts for evaluation.
- Conduct risk assessments. Manage associated identified risks to resolution to ensure effective delivery of applicable features.
- Design and create jigs and tooling to assist with the painting of bespoke features, tooling and jigs need to ensure quality standards and design tolerances are met.
- Identify new suppliers, equipment, and materials to improve current processes, or enable new capabilities.
- Where applicable, create all associated documentation for new processes ensuring that they are implemented in line with existing production commitments.
- Support with training of associates of new features.
- Communicate proposed concepts to CR-T-3x; CR-V-B-1; CR-T-55 and other stakeholders using defined methods.
- Provide regular status updates to Bespoke Planner; PSP and GL of CR-T-3 on progress of features.
- Carry out departmental administration which includes raising purchase requisitions, monitoring and progressing their financial release, process confirmations, Cre8 idea development and realisation, support to other T-3 planners as appropriate.
The key points that are a must for the role are as below.
- Paint experience. This is a must. Paint experience in vehicle or hang-on parts.
- Experienced in CAD design.
- Experienced in Project management.
- Good knowledge of conducting PFMEA, FMEA, Ergonomic assessments in existing and new products / facilities.
Working Experience Required
- Effective negotiation and communicate skills at all levels.
- Knowledge of German language desirable but not essential.
- Manufacturing processes and engineering experience necessary.
- Analytical thinking to understand and resolve complex problems that arise when new projects are being evaluated, implemented, and integrated into existing processes.
- Communication and negotiation skills ranging from shop floor to Board Room level.
- Capability to understand and relate technical designs / drawings and specifications to real time parts with CAD skills being essential.
- Experience in a parts quality / supplier development position, preferably in an automotive field.
- Knowledge of quality systems QS9000 or ISO 9001 / TS16949.
- Degree qualified, Mechanical/Electrical or Electronic engineering or similar preferred.
- To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.