Job Title: Bespoke Designer - Automotive
Location: Chichester, West Sussex
Contract Hourly Rate: £28ph - £38ph (DOE)
The Bespoke Designer creates and steers desirable and profitable design features as part of existing and new model developments in line with Bespoke project and brand requirements. Working from within the Design team the design work is coordinated and managed by the Bespoke Project Team who steer the bespoke business. Design work can be modifications to existing features or from a blank sheet of paper and can derive from customer requests or be pro-actively offered as individual features or part of a Collection Car.
- Very strong creativity and presentation skills are required using both traditional sketching skills as well as digital techniques (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Self-management skills are needed to work towards practical solutions with demanding deadlines and also to co-ordinate inputs from others and steer them effectively where necessary.
- An awareness of differing international cultures is helpful.
Good interpersonal skills (both verbal and written) are required in order to pursue design solutions and 'sell' ideas both internally and externally.
- There is a need to appreciate technical and packaging issues and concepts must have a high level of practicality as designs move from concept to reality in a short and at times demanding timeframe.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Strong personal presentation skills
- Strong visual imagery to sell ideas - sketching techniques plus Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience of 3D modelling and visualisation tools is an advantage
- Very good English language skills required - German language skills may be useful
- Driving licence may be an advantage
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment -