Bespoke Colour & Trim Designer / Materials Designer
A Bespoke Colour & Trim Designer / Design Engineer is required to work for a manufacturing client based in Chichester.
The Bespoke Colour and Materials Designer creates and steers desirable and profitable design features as part of existing and new model developments in line with Bespoke project and brand requirements. The design work can be modifications to existing features or from a blank sheet of paper and can derive from customer requests or be pro-actively offered as individual features or part of a Collection Car. Compelling theme development creates a strong framework of desirability for customer and collection cars and there is a need for both 2D graphical and 3D product design understanding. The Colour and Materials Designers steer the team with regard to materials and their applications and development.
Outstanding creativity with a high level of presentation skills are required using digital techniques (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator). Self-management skills are needed to work towards practical solutions with demanding deadlines and also to co-ordinate inputs from others and steer them effectively where necessary. Strong negotiating skills and awareness of differing international cultures is helpful.
Confidence and experience in dealing with colleagues at all levels from Board level down and extremely demanding customers is expected. Excellent interpersonal skills (both verbal and written) are required in order to pursue design solutions and 'sell' ideas both internally and externally. The designer needs the ability to juggle multiple demands, often conflicting, whilst delivering attractive and customer focussed design solutions in a timely fashion. There is a need to understand technical and packaging issues and concepts must have a high level of practicality as designs move from concept to reality in a short and at times demanding timeframe.
The manager is looking for candidates with a super luxury & automotive background for this one, with experience in developing materials such as wood, carbon, fibre.
- B.A or M.A. in Textiles Design or Colour and Materials Design or equivalent with proven skills by way of portfolio and CV.
- Several years of relevant design experience is expected. Within either the automotive or transport industry or related field and preferably the super luxury market would be an advantage. Technical understanding and acumen to work on practical solutions within short time frames and manage time effectively. A high level of understanding of different methods of manufacture suitable for low and medium volume supply is required and a solid understanding of regional markets and related UHNW customer expectations. Knowledge and familiarity of luxury trends (both current and emerging innovations).
- Strong personal presentation skills
- Strong visual imagery to sell ideas - Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience of 3D visualisation tools is an advantage.
- Experience in developing materials (textiles, wood, carbon fibre, leather,…)
Please include portfolios when submitting your CV.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.