- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Purchasing and procurement
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 07 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60214
Job role- Bespoke Buyer
Pay- Up to £21.39 per hour PAYE Inside IR35
Duration- 2 year contract
I am currently recruiting a Bespoke Buyer for an international leading company within the automotive industry. This is a full time role on a 2 year contract.
You will be responsible for securing the supply of bespoke electrical vehicle components and selecting suitable suppliers in line with agreed cost, quality and time targets.
To be successful in this role, you must have experience of production component purchasing within an automotive environment or equivalent manufacturing environment.
Our client are very passionate within their procurement team. They believe product quality always begins at source – with procurement. That’s why it takes people with uncompromising standards, exceptional business acumen and real determination to procure exciting and innovative materials for their bespoke vehicles. But the job doesn’t just end there. In their pursuit of excellence, the team is tasked with managing the introduction of a vast array of bespoke features from a diverse range of specialised, sustainable sources.
Your duties and responsibilities as a Bespoke buyer will be as followed:
As an integral part of our Bespoke buying team, you will be responsible for:
- Securing the supply of bespoke electrical vehicle components and selecting suitable suppliers in line with agreed cost, quality and time targets. This entails negotiating and agreeing prices and terms with suppliers in order to achieve the best possible costs while taking account of design, volume and timing constraints.
- You will be an expert in project management ensuring that all parts are developed and supplied to the required quality standard and within the planned delivery timeline.
- You will proactively resolve supplier problems and ensure a continued successful business relationship with all parties
To be successful in this role, you must have the following knowledge, skills & experience:
- A degree (or equivalent) and ideally a CIPS qualification;
- Experience of production component purchasing within an automotive environment or equivalent manufacturing environment;
- Experience in managing professional supplier selection processes;
- Experience of handling commercial negotiations with external suppliers;
- Experience of project management and an understanding of new product development processes;
- Good problem solving ability required to overcome problems arising from specific cost, quality, time issues;
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to influence key stakeholders.
Demand for this role will be undoubtedly high, therefore if you would like to process an application please contact Jade Whitmore on 01384 446133 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.