A Battery Field Quality Technical Support Engineer is required to join an OEM in Gaydon.
- Resolution of High Voltage Battery warranty / field quality related issues that require investigation at the Vehicle Plants or at the Dealer network.
- The role will involve guiding our local in-market engineers through diagnosis and repair of issues remotely, with occasional dealer / plant visits required for complex issues.
- High voltage electrical live working. Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to drive 8D or 6-Sigma projects forward and communicate effectively
- Diagnostic & data logging skills - must be proficient in the use of CANalyzer and dealer diagnostic tools
- Must be able to work through diagnostic flow processes and understand how Diagnostic Trouble codes are interpreted
- Adequate experience of working in an automotive electrification environment, either electric or PHEV vehicles.
- Must have experience of working on high voltage components such as traction batteries or on-board chargers.
- Problem solving training and experience of applying problem solving methods (8D training or 6-Sigma).
- Experience of diagnosing complex electrical system issues, including following detailed diagnostic process flows and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Must be a good communicator and be able to work with engineers from key markets around the world.
- Must have a willingness to travel at short notice to key markets occasionally if required to support vehicle diagnosis & repair
- Adequate experience or above, working in an automotive environment
- Dealer workshop experience
Formal qualifications relating to Electrical Engineering (Degree, HNC, NVQ or equivalent). Electrical Engineering Degree preferred
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.