A Principal Engineer (Battery Systems) opportunity has become available for a global engineering consultancy who employs over 3000 consultants around the globe.
The role based in Leamington Spa but will involve UK and overseas travel, offers up to £55,000 per annum plus company benefits.
The Principal Engineer will join a Hybrid and Electronic System Team and will lead and deliver on-going client technology projects.
- Provide technical leadership for delivery teams of engineers involved in battery projects.
- Interface directly with clients on technical issues.
- Focus on delivery of projects on-time and on-budget.
- Technical guidance for the design, development and validation of high voltage vehicle battery systems.
- Support of the sales teams through client interaction, proposal support and roadmap development.
- Promotion of capability throughout the global customer base.
The successful applicant will have a sound automotive engineering background, a number of years of experience of successfully delivering projects in a controls and electronic environment either in an OEM or Tier 1 capacity having lead delivery projects.
- Minimum degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline (e.g. electrical and electronic engineering / mechanical engineering / physics / computer science / software engineering / maths / control engineering).
- Good understanding of cell chemistries used in HEVs.
- Knowledge of battery system architectures and battery management systems.
- Experience of designing high current and automotive high voltage (12 to 1200Vdc) power systems, (connectors, bus bars, contactors & fusing).
- Experience of electrical component integration (up to 1kV), design & development on production products, particularly HV battery systems and sub systems in a tier 1 or OEM environment.
- Familiar with product delivery process from requirements capture through to design validation of HEV battery systems.
- Experience in compliance engineering to external standards, such as battery handling, EMC, vehicle safety, functional safety ISO26262 etc.
- Experienced in delivering DFMEA for HEV battery systems.
- Drive and commitment to deliver technically challenging projects.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and attention to detail.
- Strong teamwork, organizational, oral communication, and written communication skills.
If this Principal Engineer - Battery Systems position is of interest, please contact James Tilley for more details.