Principal Engineer Battery Systems
UK - Leamington Spa
Up to £55,000 per annum plus company benefits.
A Principal Engineer (Battery Systems) opportunity has become available for a global engineering consultancy who employs over 3000 consultants around the globe.
The Principal Engineer will join a Hybrid and Electronic System Team and will lead and deliver on-going client technology projects.
The successful applicant will have a sound automotive engineering background, a number of years of experience of successfully delivering projects in a controls and electronic environment either in an OEM or Tier 1 capacity having lead delivery projects.
- Minimum degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline (e.g. electrical and electronic engineering / mechanical engineering / physics / computer science / software engineering / maths / control engineering).
- Good understanding of cell chemistries used in HEVs.
- Knowledge of battery system architectures and battery management systems.
- Experience of designing high current and automotive high voltage (12 to 1200Vdc) power systems, (connectors, bus bars, contactors & fusing).
- Experience of electrical component integration (up to 1kV), design & development on production products, particularly HV battery systems and sub systems in a tier 1 or OEM environment.
- Familiar with product delivery process from requirements capture through to design validation of HEV battery systems.
- Experience in compliance engineering to external standards, such as battery handling, EMC, vehicle safety, functional safety ISO26262 etc.
- Experienced in delivering DFMEA for HEV battery systems.
If this Principal Engineer - Battery Systems position is of interest, please contact James Tilley for more details.