Battery Systems Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
Basildon or Coventry
A Battery Systems Engineer is required to support system and component level design of battery packs during all development phases. Candidates with an understanding and experience in HV battery system design development and validation would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a proactive Battery Systems Engineer, based in either it's Basildon or Coventry office, to support functional and geometric integration of all components on battery module and battery system level. As a Battery Systems Engineer you will be required to:
· Design of battery systems from concept to start of production (SOP)
· Functional and geometric integration of all components on battery module and battery system level
· Preparation of specifications and, if required, supplier specifications for the entire battery system and sub-systems (Requirements Engineering)
· Planning / Cascading test and validation tasks, and assessment of results (DVP preparation, planning and implementation)
· Preparation of battery test specifications based on relevant regulations and international/customer standards and requirements
· Liaise with relevant teams to direct battery design tasks (i.e. simulation, component engineers, testing, suppliers and manufacturing)
· Lead the preparation of battery system and component quality documentation (boundary diagrams, P diagrams, robustness check lists, FMEAs and test plans)
· Preparation of design development plans - time schedules, work flow in the scope of serial projects and prototype projects
The Battery Systems Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
· Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
· Understanding of HV battery design fundamentals including safety standards and regulations
· Experience in system design and testing of battery packs, preferably in the automotive or commercial vehicle industries
· Strong communication, teamwork and leading abilities
· Competent presentation skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a basic understanding of cell construction and chemistries to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon and Coventry based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Battery Systems Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Battery Systems Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.