£Comp + Bens
Battery Modelling Engineer
£Competitve plus benefits
A Battery Modelling Engineer is required to be involved in the development of world class battery technology for high performance applications in a range of sectors including automotive, motorsport, mining, aviation, marine and defence. Candidates with knowledge of / familiarity with degradation mechanisms associated with Li-ion batteries in the context of health-adaptive battery models would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a leading technology and engineering services business, based in Wantage, requires a proactive Battery Modelling Engineer to be responsible for advancing the development, testing and validation of advanced Battery Management Systems performance algorithms. As a Battery Modelling Engineer you will be required to:
- Develop new techniques and standards for battery characterisation and model parameterisation to improve efficiency, accuracy and consistency of model creation for online Battery Management System applications
- Oversee cell model and algorithm validation plan, including definition of cell/module testing and cell-in-the-loop.
- Build models of batteries (cell and pack levels) to support battery algorithm virtual testing
- Integration of battery models into BMS virtual testing environment
- Proactively contributing to the development of battery management systems and diagnostics capabilities
- Act as a technical expert for business development purposes
- Engage with internal stakeholders at all levels, as well as external partnering academic and external organisation
The Battery Modelling Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified, ideally in an engineering subject
- Demonstrated Product Development or Research experience in Battery Systems
- Expertise in data analysis and modelling of physical systems in MATLAB and Simulink
- Knowledge of / familiarity with degradation mechanisms associated with Li-ion batteries in the context of health-adaptive battery models is desirable
- Familiarity with alternative equivalent circuit model structures, and reduced order physics-based models advantageous
- Experience in development of model-based BMS state-estimation algorithms and/or battery control strategies is useful
- Software validation using model/software/hardware in the loop; experience in cell-in-the-loop testing is beneficial
- Understanding of Systems Engineering principles (V-cycle)
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience in defining cell testing procedures, parameterisation and validation of robust ECN battery models and 1D thermal models to be involved in a diverse range of projects. In return for your experience, this Wantage based technology and engineering service business will offer you:
- 26 Days holiday
- Excellent benefits package
No Certificate of Sponsorship is available. Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Battery Modelling Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Battery Modelling Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.