£30k - 55k per year
about 2 months ago
Battery Management Systems Engineer
To £55,000 p.a. plus benefits
A Battery Management Systems Engineer is required to be responsible for the development, verification, validation, and commissioning of Battery Management Systems (BMS) for passenger vehicles, off highway vehicles, commercial vehicles, and industrial truck applications. Candidates with experience in the development of either automotive powertrain control systems, high-voltage electrical power supplies, Hybrid vehicles, ADAS features or similar technical fields would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a proactive Battery Management Systems Engineer, based in Coventry, to support (with the aim to eventually lead) the systems activities in the development of the Battery Management System (BMS) as well as the verification, validation, and commissioning activities, following the company's control systems development process based on the V-model. As a Battery Management Systems Engineer you will be required to:
- Interface with the Customer
- Undertake requirements engineering
- Development of the Battery Management Systems (BMS) architecture
- Support the application software, basic software, functional safety, electronic hardware, and quality teams
- Software/Hardware integration
- Define validation/verification plan and methodologies as well as evaluating test results
- Debugging and carrying out systems test on the HIL rig
- Supporting the Battery Systems team
- Calibration and commissioning of the Battery Management Systems (BMS)
The Battery Management Systems Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Automotive Battery Management System (BMS) development experience (ideally Systems Engineering)
- Automotive engineering knowledge / experience in design, validation and integration
- Experienced in systems engineering
- Experienced in requirements engineering process
- Development of systems architecture
- Analytical capabilities
- Confident in presenting to customers and management
- Experience of ETAS Inca useful
- Experience with Vector tools (e.g. CANalyzer, CANape) or equivalent beneficial
- Experience of MATLAB/Simulink advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with the understanding of automotive control systems and calibration to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
- Up to £55,000 p.a.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Battery Management Systems Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Battery Management Systems Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.