£25 - 33 per hour
5 months ago
Battery Development Engineer
Up to £33.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
Peterborough with flexibility
You will have responsibility for conducting testing, development and sign off for the Electrification programmes under the direct responsibility of the Global Engine Development (GED) team.
Working closely with the Product System Integration (PSI) engineering teams to define and deliver robust methods to achieve the Product and Technical Objectives (PO’s/TO’s) within the power system range. You will also work closely with the external test houses to ensure quality data is delivered to plan.
You will be accountable for process excellence, maintaining engineering best practices and documentation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct and/or direct power system performance and validation tests.
- Conduct and/or direct tests (including Design of Experiments), checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability.
- Data analysis across multiple Conformance, Performance and Validation test protocols.
- Write requirements, procedures, and reports and formally present on test outcomes.
- Collaborate with global teams to drive global alignment and best practices.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering curriculum.
- Electrification test/development experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (coaching, communication, teamwork).
- Excellent problem solver.
- Self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Self-confidence and a 'passion for the product' are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high-pressure environment.
- Experience in power system level performance.
- Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools, and test data logging systems.
- Hands on engine testing, Battery testing and problem-solving experience.
Please call James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.