£28k - 32k per year + bonus + range of incentives
Job title: Avionics Technician
Salary Range: Approx £30k depending upon experience
Fixed term contract until 31st March 2022 (likely to be extended or become perm)
Location: Boscombe Down, Larkhill
We are currently recruiting an Avionics Technician to work for a leading UAV company in Boscombe down. This is initially a fixed term contract until 31st March 2022 however there is a good chance this could be extended.
You will work within a Flight Line team of Technicians in a Military environment providing technical support to the deployment and preparation of UAV systems for flight to include routine servicing, maintenance, fault identification and rectification and operating as a Flight Line mechanical or avionics specialist in a Flight Line team.
When not actively engaged in flying activities, you will be working with other Technicians in the maintenance and assembly of UAV systems within a Military base workshop.
Your main duties and responsibilities within this role will be as followed:
- Execution of maintenance activities as planned by the Military Customer Management Chain.
- Daily and Technical flight servicing routines on the components of a UAV system.
- Maintenance of components of a UAV system.
- Launch and recovery actions associated with aircraft movements on an airfield.
- Work in accordance with the Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Publications
- Maintain UAV Systems either at a Base Workshop location or at a Flight Line.
- Hold 1st and 2nd Signature responsibility in order to undertake UAV Systems maintenance
- Liaison with airfield authorities for Flight line team access to prepare airfield for UAV operations and the provision of consumable items
- Aircraft F700 and documentation management
- Produce UAV Systems ready to fly in accordance with flying programme.
- Participate in flight preparation, launch and recovery including Assembly/disassembly launch and recovery of UAV of airfield, UAV handling, cleaning, visual inspection, fuel and oil replenishment
- Preparation of runway strip for UAV take off and recover
- UAV towing and airstrip activities
- Pre-flight check via Flight Line Support Command Unit (FLSCU) and Portable avionics test equipment (PATE)
- UAV post-flight handling activities
- UAV Systems Maintenance including Troubleshooting via FLSCU and PATE
- Perform tests using Test Equipment
- Replacement of faulty Line Replacement Units (LRU’s)
To be successful for this role, the following knowledge and skills are required:
- Avionics, electrics, electronics and communications equipment first and second line (forward and depth) maintenance experience as a supervisor and practitioner OR Aircraft mechanical and propulsion first and second line (forward and depth) maintenance experience as a supervisor and practitioner
- Sound working knowledge of military F700 and Air Publications
- Experienced in airfield, flight line and runway operations
- Capability to operate as part of small team
- Able to communicate clearly by voice, phone and radio
- Physically fit and able to manipulate loads up to H&S limits
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Previous military aviation experience
- Previous experience of Electronic Maintenance management Systems OR Previous civilian aircraft and airfield experience in avionics and aircraft dispatch/receipt
In return for your commitment, the company will offer you:
- Fixed term contract until 31/03/22 (potential of extension likely)
- Opportunity to work for a leading organisation within UAV systems
- Salary banding – between £28k-£32k depending on experience
- Up to 3% Annual Bonus
- Overtime eligibility
- Hours average at 37 per week (Approx 7.4 per day Monday – Friday as in line with Customer requirements)
- Holidays 25 days + - increasing with length of service
- Life Assurance scheme, 3 x base salary paid to beneficiaries in cases of death in service OR 6 x base salary paid if in the Pension scheme
- Pension – 4% minimum employee contribution, employer will match +1% up to 7%
- Enhanced Company Sick pay scheme
- 1 month notice period (may be reviewed if contract extended beyond 31/03/22)
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to work within a military environment on UAV systems.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience with Avionics, electrics, electronics and communications equipment first and second line (forward and depth) maintenance experience as a supervisor and practitioner, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Avionics Technician role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.