- Sector: Aerospace & Aviation
- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: Tom Duckett
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446163
- Expiry Date: 02 November 2021
- Job Ref: 58192
Avionic Technician – West London - Permanent – Attractive – Aerospace and Defence
An Avionic Technician is required to repair and overhaul a wide range of Avionic Communications, Navigation, Radar, Audio and Electronics units to component level.
The Avionic Technician is required to join an Avionic Systems Company immediately.
The Avionic Technician will be responsible for working with Electronic technologies ranging from analogue electronics to complex microprocessor electronics with the ability to repair RF circuits.
Avionic Technician – Key Responsibilities
- Precise mechanical work and electronics repair
- Electronics repair of through hole and surface mounted components
- fault finding and testing using specialised and general-purpose electronics test equipment
- Complete accurate and legible repair records
- Ensure accuracy and safety standards are met
- Understanding the Standard Operating and Company Procedures
- Upon agreement work as part of an ‘on call’ team on a rota basis.
Skills Required for the Avionic Technician
- PC literate – Microsoft word, excel, databases
- HNC/HND level electronics preferred
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good eyesight with or without glasses or lenses (No Colour Blindness)
- Good experience in electronic repairs at component level
- RF experience with ability to repair complex RF circuits and technology
- Soldering skills both surface mount and through hole components
- Experienced in the use of electronic test equipment
- Experience in similar role advantageous
- Aviation or RF or Military background desirable
- Previous experience within an Avionics desirable
- Good working knowledge of aircraft systems would be an advantage
Security Clearance may be required for this role due to the nature of the Industry
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Avionic Technician, then apply directly or contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.