Very Attractive + Benefits
Avionics and Calibration Team Lead – West London – Attractive
Aerospace, Defence & Aviation – Permanent
An Aerospace, Defence and Aviation engineering organisation are looking for an Avionics and Calibration Team Lead who will be responsible for a small team and act as an exceptional leader. The Avionics and Calibration Team Lead will report to the Managing Director and will take overall responsibility of a Workshop Repair and Maintenance team. The Avionics and Calibration Team Lead will provide repair and maintenance services to customers and use communication and influencing skills to develop and grow relationships internally and externally.
Avionics and Calibration Team Lead Responsibilities
- To manage and be responsible for day to day activities of the repair and maintenance cell.
- Meet the relevant business KPI targets.
- Work with Quality, Customer Service and Purchasing to ensure services meet KPI targets.
- Establish staff capacity and utilise resources effectively including management of holiday.
- Liaise and co-operate with other Product Team Leaders to ensure efficiency of personnel.
- Establish/maintain a quality culture within the workshop.
- Be accountable for the repair and maintenance process.
- Maintain control and including maintenance of bench units and test equipment.
- Undertake equipment repair, overhaul, or calibration as appropriate.
- Assist with and resolve technical problems to ensure minimal loss of production.
- Provide customer liaison with any technical issues.
- Be aware of material shortages that may affect performance to deliver product.
- Assist purchasing in managing spares re-ordering / stock holding
- Provide leadership to other team members to realise business objectives and targets.
- Provide written and oral feedback on performance of staff as required.
- Manage team issues as required, following the appropriate company guidelines.
- Be responsible for organising training of team and maintaining the training/skills matrices.
- Assisting in the recruiting and selection process as required.
- Work as part of a team, act in a professional manner, and convey a positive approach.
Qualifications & Skills Required for the Avionics and Calibration Team Lead
- Educated to degree level, or HND/HNC/NVQ with equivalent experience.
- Significant IT skills, Excellent management, and Supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring and Technical Aerospace/Aviation background.
- Able to demonstrate a commercial aptitude and experience of problem solving
- Full understanding of regulatory requirements for the Aerospace industry.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing, or repair and maintenance environment.
- Full current driving licence and able to travel to other company and customer sites.
- Good time management, Flexible approach to work, Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong aptitude for motivating others, Strong leadership qualities and Verbal reasoning.
- Numerical aptitude. Analytical, Logical/Methodical, Team player and Self-motivated.
- Results orientated, Professional, handles pressure well and Takes ownership.
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the Industry
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Avionics and Calibration Team Lead, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446102 or Email suitable MS Word CV’s - email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.