Title: Automotive Thermofluids CAE Engineer
Contract Position based at: Whitley
Rate: Up to £27.00 per hour
An Automotive Thermofluids CAE Engineer with proven modelling experience in engine systems is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Coventry on a long term contract basis.
Based within the Internal Combustion Engine organisation you will be a member of the thermofluids group. The role of the group is to optimise and validate the engine combustion, cooling, lubrication, fuel and turbo systems using both 1 and 3D computer aided engineering techniques.
The department supports concept to production and is actively involved in each stage. Working as part of a small sub team you would be responsible for applying proven CAE techniques, recommending design changes, developing your own solutions where necessary and supporting issues resolution activities. You'll be expected to liaise with design and development teams as well as working closely with the CAE project management team.
- Experience in applied 1D / 3D CFD techniques.
- A good understanding of engine technologies.
- A strong analytical capability, including a methodical and highly disciplined approach to data management and problem solving.
- Experience in applied 1D or 3D CFD techniques.
- It is expected that you would be educated to degree level in engineering, science, or mathematics.
- A PhD in engine related thermofluids CAE will be viewed favourably, but is not essential.
- Experience in the preferred CAE toolsets, GT, Amesim and StarCD/ CCM+ is desired, although candidates with experience in similar software will also be considered.
- Experience or exposure to physical testing will also be viewed favourable.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Automotive Thermofluids CAE Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.