£19.51 - 19.51 per hour
over 1 year ago
An experienced Test Engineer is required to join an automotive OEM based in Gaydon.
Engineering Laboratories is looking for world class, driven test engineers to lead and deliver test programmes in support of design release activity or technology advancement. The role sits within a technically demanding yet highly rewarding environment where new and exciting challenges face our engineers every day.
The test area is hugely diverse and offers testing services in the field of Noise Vibration & Harshness, Climatic & Environmental, Structural Durability, Electrical Test and much more. If you desire to be hands on with the product using multi-million pound equipment in state of the art, class leading facilities then a role as a Test Engineer in Engineering Laboratories is for you.
- Complete full preparation of test facility and/or test parts to enable effective and timely data delivery.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on collection and measurement of data.
- To collate, manipulate and interpret data which will be used to inform engineering decisions
- Oversee commissioning and acceptance testing of measurement equipment
- Take ownership of data quality and performance reporting for measurement equipment and capability
- To conduct analysis and fault rectification to ensure minimum down time
- To support continuous improvement activity with the goal of improving test efficiency and/or product quality
- To support all activities that result in a positive outcome from any audit, e.g. TS16949, OHSAS18001, ISO 14001
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
- Experience of testing in an engineering discipline.
- Ability to validate, interpret & process data collected from test activity and report out on results.
- Ability to project manage test activity i.e. liaise with customers, generate timing plans & co-ordinate resources.
- Technical expertise and experience of test facility and test part preparation
- Experienced with data acquisition and control systems.
- Data analysis and reporting of test data.
- Natural problem-solver with structured approach to problem solving in a technical environment.
- The ability to validate, prepare and read engineering documents.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements & risk assessment
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office competency to produce plans, presentations, graphs, process and Single Point Lesson (SPL) documents
- Six Sigma, Black Belt and Green Belt Training and certification.
- Experience with TS16949 or ISO9001 standards and requirements
- Experience and certification for conducting testing on proving grounds.
- Knowledge of instrument calibration processes.
- Proficient in the use and application of a programming / scripting language (C/C++, python, Java, or similar)
Educated to Degree level in a Systems, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic or related field
This position is deemed to be INSIDE IR35
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.