Title: Software Engineer
Salary Range: £29.30 - £31.20
Division: Electrical Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
- Requirements gathering and analysis, controls strategy design, development and execution of validation process and associated simulation environments.
- Definition, design and implementation of diagnostics strategy in AUTOSAR compliant framework.
- Working with a team of system, hardware, software and controls engineers, including off-shore team, to deliver concept and production systems in a timely manner, according to vehicle programme timing and local delivery milestones.
- Issue investigation and ECU diagnosis.
3 Key Skills:
1) Hands on experience with Math works toolchain (Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow) for real time applications is a must.
2) Experience of production software development and delivery through all stages of the engineering development 'V' cycle, from requirements to validation.
3) Experience with Diagnostic implementation in AUTOSAR compliant framework.
- Links to onshore and offshore controls and software team.
- Working together with other engineers to align processes and develop efficiencies between the chassis features.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of production software development and delivery through all stages of the engineering development 'V' cycle, from requirements to validation.
- Hands on experience with Mathworks toolchain (Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow) for real time applications is a must.
- Understanding of automotive diagnostics standards.
- Excellent debugging and issue investigation skills.
- Degree in Electronics, Software, Automotive/Aerospace engineering or similar subject, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with Diagnostic implementation in AUTOSAR compliant framework.
- Previous experience with DEM, DCM configuration using K-SAR and/or DaVinci tool chain.
- Proficiency in using test equipment including, but not limited to, Canalyser, Canape, and other test equipment.
- Understanding of automotive networking, diagnostics and fault handling techniques.
- Full driving license valid in the UK is a must.
- Prior automotive software experience preferably in Chassis, Vehicle Dynamics, or Longitudinal Control preferred, though strong candidates with relevant control system experience from other industries such as aerospace will also be considered.
- Virtual validation tools and techniques such as desktop Simulation tools (e.g. IPG CarMaker) or HIL environments (e.g. dSpace), and associated plant model development.
- Requirements and change management tools and processes, version control, control strategy documentation.
- Understanding of quality and robustness techniques and standards such as FMEA, P-Diagrams, noise factor analysis, and data analysis techniques to support this.
- Knowledge of software engineering principals such as model based software development, software architecture, dSpace Targetlink, the C programming language, and relevant standards e.g. MISRA advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of virtual test, component test and vehicle testing including proving ground environments. Knowledge of Rapid Control Prototyping tools (e.g. dSpace Autobox or similar).
- Component and system level issue investigations including appropriate problem solving and reporting tools (Six Sigma, 5D, Is / Is Not, Fault Tree etc).
- Experience of safety critical systems and software, including standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508 or similar.
- Experience working with or managing offshore software development teams and / or 3rd party ECU suppliers for software coding and integration tasks.
- Thorough understanding of embedded software design and development process in the real time applications.
If you are interested in this contract opportunity please apply now.